Adaikala Matha Church
Adaikala Annai Church or Adaikala Matha Church is a historic Catholic Church located at Northern Tirunelveli. Adaikala Annai Church has a history which is more than 225 years old. This church has been growing steadily from strength to strength with the blessings of Jesus and Mother Mary. This church has several churches and institutions functioning under it. This church has been associated with several great men like Constanzo Beschi during the course of its existence. The present building of this church is more than 25 years old and several structures are being added in it as and when necessary. One of the structures added recently is the Good News Hall or Narseidi arivipu arangam which was inagurated on June 12, 2011.
1787 - Construction of first church.
1980 - Need for new church (which is different from the present one) envisioned for which great contributions were given by the family of Dhanam.
1982 - Blessing of church for worship.
1987 - Construction of new church with great efforts by Lourde Raj.
1991 - Inauguration of English Medium School and a Home with efforts by Mr. Sathya.
1993 - Offering of Novena under the leadership of Mr. Peter.
1996 - Construction of Kodimaram or Flag Tree.
2005 - Rev. Antony Xavier became the lead pastor.
2010 - Rev. Anbarasu became the second lead pastor.
2011 - Opening of a branch church named after Veeramamunivar whose original name was Constanzo Beschi
Adaikala Annai Church in Tirunelveli is located at 8°44'02.8"N 77°41'06.7"E or 8.734111, 77.685189.